cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are the differences between the Kayak Stratos 14.5 & the Delta 12.10?

SOLVED

Accepted Solutions
Alex

Re: What are the differences between the Kayak Stratos 14.5 & the Delta 12.10?

Very good question @MisterK!

You are right the Stratos is lighter but it is also provide a better stability in stormy water. And if you plan to paddle in wild places. That is your pick.

We recommend the Kayak Delta 12.10 for more recreational activities and calm water. But a very solid kayak too if you want more speedy rides. If you are new in the kayak game, that is your pick!

Members from the community we also be able to give their feedback Smiley Wink

Thank you.

View solution in original post

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
3 REPLIES 3
MisterK
A2

Hello everyone,

My wife @SpecialK and I never tried Kayak before and we'd like to buy one for each of us to paddle on the  Connecticut River.

But I can't see the difference between those 2 kayaks on the BATL website:

KAYAK STRATOS 14.5: http://better-at-the-lake.com/products/27

KAYAK DELTA 12.10: http://better-at-the-lake.com/products/35

uploads%2F1498546724509-ean2qznij46-c267be2d848aa1cf2919917c065ab28b%2Fshutterstock_621352259uploads%2F1498546938807-7gkcq0htrot-b827213a649171e5e4a2e66eb98ab1d9%2Fshutterstock_612338222

The Stratos seems to be lighter. OK got that... but don't find any other differences.

Did you ever try one of these?

Thanks

Alex

Very good question @MisterK!

You are right the Stratos is lighter but it is also provide a better stability in stormy water. And if you plan to paddle in wild places. That is your pick.

We recommend the Kayak Delta 12.10 for more recreational activities and calm water. But a very solid kayak too if you want more speedy rides. If you are new in the kayak game, that is your pick!

Members from the community we also be able to give their feedback Smiley Wink

Thank you.

View solution in original post

Kenny
A1

I tried the Stratos in Alaska. That is some wild stuff!

I don't want to say it's some kind of Titanic (we all know how it ends) but this is really massive kayak but still comfortable.  I borrowed it from a friend... I am looking forward to seeing him again Smiley Very Happy

But I am contemplating buying a couple of Deltas to have fun with my wife and my 13-year old.

MisterK
A2

So that will be the Kayak Delta 12.10 for me. Thank you @Alex

@Kenny I will let you know what I think of the Delta as soon as I get it. It may help make your decision.